Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crown The Empire: Limitless EP



I hope everyone had a nice Christmas...and Thanksgiving...it's been a while since my last review. On the table here we have up and coming band, Crown The Empire, and their recently released EP, Limitless. I first heard about Crown The Empire a few months ago when I got a message on Facebook from their guitarist, Brandon Hoover. He had seen a comment on my favorite band, blessthefall's page I had made, and told me about his band. We chatted for a while and he told me about the EP that they had made. I listened to them on youtube and I thought they were amazing right off the bat. What really drew me too the band was the way they promoted. The band members themselves were talking to people and would answer people's posts on Facebook, they are just super nice guys. I've seen them on a live video chat before and they seem really cool and humble. I had a short question and answer with Brandon the other day and he was really nice:

Me: How did you guys come up with the band's name, and what does it mean to you? 
Brandon: The band name was just random! We thought it sounded cool, so we stuck with it

Me: Where are you guys from?
Brandon: We are from Dallas, Texas

Me: When did you start CTE?
Brandon: We started CTE over a year ago

Me: Any hints at future plans that haven't been revealed?
Brandon: 2012 is our year! Lots of huge things happening

Tracks on the EP:
1.  The Glass Elevator(Walls )
2. Breaking Point
3. Wake Me Up
4. Johnny Ringo
5. Voices
6. Limitless
7. Lead Me Out of the Dark

My personal favorite is Breaking Point. I love the intensity and the lyrics. Crown  The Empire does a great job of getting the perfect mix of clean and unclean vocals. I also really like Wake Me Up for the same reason. A video was made for the song Voices. The last track on the EP is an easy going song: Lead Me Out of the Dark, but I still enjoyed it even though I mostly lean towards a harder style of music. Overall, I really enjoyed this band’s fresh sound, heavy guitar, and face melting screams. Keep an eye on Crown The Empire this year. As Brandon said, “2012 is our year!”



No comments:

Post a Comment